Live & Live to Tape Multi-Camera Television
In Performance at the White House
was created to showcase the rich fabric of American culture in the setting of the nation’s most famous house. Since 1978, the program has embraced virtually every genre of American performance art. It was my honor to be the Technical Producer.
Paladin served as Technical Producer for:
- 2009 Fiesta Latina on the South Lawn
- 2010 A celebration of music from the civil rights movement
- 2014 A salute to the Troops
Washington Week with Gwen Ifill
Paladin served as Technical Producer supporting all stagecraft technical director duties & all Broadcast Technical Manager duties for twenty (20) WETA PBS road shows between 2007 & 2016.
During the Presidential campaign seasons, “Washington Week” continued a tradition of special multi-camera broadcasts and live audience events at sites all around the US including the national political convention’s cities.
The regular broadcasts and whistle-stop series earned “Washington Week” a 2008 Peabody Award.
Paladin’s role included:
- Site selection & surveys.
- Sourcing local Broadcast Engineers & Stage crew to support our traveling Department Heads.
- Sourcing Broadcast Mobile units, Satellite Trucks & supplemental equipment along with all staging, lighting, audio & scenic elements.
- Site plans.
- Management of all crew during preproduction, construction, rehearsals, production & strike.